Sunday, March 18, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Two funny things from this weekend I thought I would share with you: Yesterday, I went to the craft show at Ag Hall. Later, we were on our way home from my nephews basketball game (they beat Northampton by the way, sorry Gerry) and passed by the Kraft office building on Irving St. Lucas said, "Mom, is that where you went to the kraft show?"

Today, after dropping Lucas off at Sunday school Trisha asked, "Mom, can I be a Daddy when I grow up?" She is certainly learning early!

6 comments:

mj jones said...

too funny.....I remember when Austin was about 4 he asked me what was for dinner and I said Venison, with that he went runnig down the hall crying. I said what's the matter and he said I don't want to get any medicine.

Gotta love them!!!

TerriE said...

Girls, that's too adorable! When Shuli was about 4 she was helping me spread grass seed on the bare spots of our lawn. She very seriously shook her head and said, "Those bears!" Definitely gotta love them!

Carol (Schleicher) Good said...

I love the things kids say. When two of my boys were younger, we were in the grocery store and the two of them kept bickering about something. I said, "Will you just drop it!". With that my younger one, Brenden, looked at me very serious and said, "But, Mom, I don't have anything." It still makes me chuckle when I think about it.

randyg said...

Funny stuff!

When my daughter was 2 we were at the mall in the Express store. She stopped near the back of the store (where all the cash registers are.....and with many people in line). I walked over to pick her up and just as I was standing up she yells out "Put Me Down....I'm Pooping". Everyone in store stopped dead in their tracks and looked to the back of the store to see me holding her in a frozen position. It was the store to be in to Express yourself.

Steve Freeman said...

RG - you blamed YOUR daughter for your incontinence. Shame on you.

randyg said...

Steve - I was Younger then! But now that I'm Older or getting there I will most likely use that excuse.