Friday, March 23, 2007

Amazing Family Viewing

If you are a loyal Oprah viewer (MJ), you may have seen her show on The Discovery Channel's new mini-series called The Planet Earth. It starts this Sunday, 3/25 at 8pm., and runs for 11 weeks. You can go to http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/planet-earth/planet-earth.html for a preview. The scenes that were shown on Oprah were absolutely amazing. There were cameramen who sat for days just to capture the perfect scene. It has been years in the making.

Some days, I catch myself remembering that there is a whole world out there that I have no idea about, or even that there are other people out there wrapped up in there own little world just as I am. My boys are really looking forward to this show. When we saw it on Oprah, I had to mark my calendar so that we would not forget about it. So even though it means that we have to tape The Amazing Race, I am sure it will be well worth it. Happy Viewing!

7 comments:

mugs said...

Discovery does have many good shows, I watch it alot, along with the History channel.
I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a normal channel except for news or football.

mj jones said...

thanks for the reminder because i did totally forget. Will watch.

kristen said...

i just check the guide, and noticed that there are 3 shows on tonight, back to back from 8-11...so it may not be an 11 WEEK series, but and 11-EPISODE series...

Mugs, do you watch Dirty Jobs, that and Deadliest catch are 2 of my favorites...in fact Deadliest Catch is on all day today until 8...

kristen said...

in fact, i think Mike Rowe (dirty jobs host) narrates Deadliest catch..hmmm maybe its just him i like!

mj jones said...

K-I can't believe you taped the race. I taped this show.

kristen said...

i taped planet earth too, because i cant keep my sorry old ass up until 11pm!

mugs said...

I watch both shows when Sponge Bob hasn't taken over :)

The new season Deadliest Catch just started