Sunday, February 19, 2006

Greeting from Catasauqua


Born, raised and will most likely live out my old age here. Wouldn't have it any other way. I finally figured this blog thing out, and here is a picture of my 3. Jake, almost 12 is currently playing basketball (he has my height for now). He also plays baseball and football. This fall he will be starting with the Jr. High program at CHS. It's cool seeing him in the same colors both his dad and I are accustomed to. He does really well in school, high honors, dont know where he gets those brains from. His other interests include Playstation, and Playstation!!! Lucas is 6 and started kindergarten this year. I was hoping for all day by now, but now such luck. Cross your fingers for the next one. He also plays football and baseball, however he is a lover, and football was not his favorite this past year. He loves to entertain, and have fun. Not a day goes by that he doesnt make me laugh. And then there is Trisha! She was a bit of a surprise. Conceived at the same place as Jake, Myrtle Beach, must be something in the (ocean) water. She will be 2 on April 9, (a day after my birthday, and if I remember correctly, Carols' also) and she is my destructive little angel. She goes non stop and naptime is the greatest thing since sliced bread. She is obsessed with shoes, however, they will most likely be sneakers and cleats, not high heels or anything girly. So as you can imagine from your own lives, ours revolves around the kids and we spend our days running from football, to basketball to baseball and other school activities. We vacation in Myrtle Beach every year and just lengthened our stay from 1 week to 2 last summer (1 week was just not enough). Other than tending to the kids, I have been bitten by a bit of the reality TV bug (Survivor, Amazing Race and American Idol) Now that I've opened that door, you other closet reality tv'ers can come out! I also cant miss CSI and Desperate Housewives. I'd have to say I am most like Lynette, before she went back to work and stealing the kids Ritalin (sp?), however I honestly havent tried the drug thing (yet!). My biggest dilemma from day to day is probably trying to get a handle on all the wash that 5 people create, now aren't you all jealous! Maybe once the kids are grown and I'm in my 50's I'll think about a career. Still trying to get in touch with more people, and having some luck. Hopefully they will sign on soon!

9 comments:

andrea said...

Hey girl.....maybe now that you put a picture up, you can email me how....They are all beautiful!

andrea said...

and don't talk to me about wash....there is no such thing as getting caught up..

mathbach said...

very nice, the kids look great. you can really see you and Brad in them. what is Brad up to? sounds like a great life.

and thanks much for you efforts towards contacting other people.

"Conceived at the same place as Jake, Myrtle Beach, must be something in the (ocean) water."

ewww, reminder to self - stay out of that water.

randyg said...

Andrea.....I got some more pictures of you to put up....I can tell you how to do it.

Carol (Schleicher) Good said...

Hi Kristen, your children are really adorable. I had forgotten that we share a birthday on April 8. I guess that is what 20 years does to your memory. I know what you mean about the laundry. You can spend days catching up and by the next morning it is piled up again. Where does it come from!?
We are also busy running around to all the different sporting events and practices, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes life interesting.

kristen said...

matt---Brad is teaching at Freedom High School (Bethlehem) and coaching football at catty, going on 15 years..as far as the ocean goes, I dont think YOU'LL have a problem, but you better tell your wife to stay out....and thanks for the compliments....your girls are really adorable too..I think Olivia looks just like you.

kristen said...

Carol, thanks...your boys are great looking kids too...the oldest one looks alot like you...I dont think its so much the 20 years that has done in my memory, its more like 3 kids and only 1 brain, 1 set of eyes, 2 arms...just not enough person to go around!

Vicky said...

Kristen, you have a great looking family. They do look a lot like Brad! I'm with you on the wash - I'll be washing for four soon and I'm a little freaked out about it. Luckily, my husband will be staying home so I can pass some of the responsibility on to him. :-)
By the way, I'm not a Lynette - I'm Susan - slightly neurotic!

mj jones said...

I wrote some comments under my page but I thought I'ld add some corny memories of mine to yours. I remember always wanting to come to your house to play Barbie because you had everything and I had nothing. Were you spoiled or what. We'ld get it all set up and then I'd quit. I can see your brother and his buddies (who would they have been??) putting on a performance for us singing AC/DC and I'll never forget watching Carrie on TV for the first time. We were so scared we had to watch some Disney movie before going to bed. We had alot of good times growing up I hope my kids get to do the same. Your kids are great looking by the way. Maybe I'll see you some time this summer. My brother just got married and he's going to build a house in New Tripoli so him and mom will be moving out of town. He needs to get away from the temptation of so many bars I think. They plan to have a horse farm so it should be cool. How's your mom and brother doing. Joey sais they don't talk anymore (what a shame). You can email me private if you want.
midmiller@yahoo.com.
Take care, "Mid"