Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hi from Tracy (Hicks) Kenney in SC!






I can't believe it has been twenty years! and i can't believe anyone found me, I have moved so much. The flyer in the mail was a shock, but not as big a shock as Dave Paukovitz showing up on my front door the other day. Can you believe we live about three miles from each other in South Carolina?

Well, here goes my past twenty years....went to Juniata College in PA after graduation and lost touch with almost everyone (saw Wendy and Sonny a few times early on and ran into Julie K. once on break). Was planning on Medical school or graduate school when i was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in my senior year. I still graduated with a bs in biology, but then was on my back in and out of the hospital for a year and a half. Once that was under control i went back and got a BS in nursing and started working in small hospital operating rooms. Moved to Columbia SC and worked in Trauma, Pediatric and Neurosurgery at Richland Hospital. Lost my mother to cancer about a year after that.

My husband Michael and I have been together about nine years and we have two beautiful children, Matthew (age 4) and Ashlynn (age 2 1/2).we are currently trying for number three. We moved to Fort mill, SC three and a half years ago from Charlotte, NC, but I miss it up north and would love to move back to Catty one day. We will not make the reunion, but i am planning on coming up for thanksgiving to visit my aunts. So if anyone will be around, let me know....i would love to see how everyone is doing...

Dave, take plenty of pictures and bring them by the house when you get back!! Hope everyone has a great time.

13 comments:

randyg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sonya C said...

I know Randy meant "Hi Tracy". You look the same and you have a beautiful family. Sorry you won't make it to the reunion.

randyg said...

My BAD!!!! Brain is on overload this week. Thanks Sonya for covering my back!!!!! I was just reading a past post from Vicki and then started to write to Tracy. So sorry for the mix up!!!!!!

randyg said...

Okay...try this again.
Tracy - glad to have on board. I was looking at the year book and you have not changed much.....that's a compliment! Sorry to hear about the MS. If you follow the blog then you know that I do the MS 150 ride each year for a family member, now I will add your name to the teams cause. Sorry that you cannot make it to the reunion. I'm sure many pictures will show up here on the blog.

Unknown said...

Hello Tracy. Sorry you can't make the reunion. Maybe we can get a small re-reunion over the thanksgiving holiday.

kristen said...

tracy, you look exactly the same..it's odd you want to move back here, we want to move to Myrtle beach...kids are so cute, good luck with #3, especially after he or she arrives, going from 2-3 is much harder than 1-2, good luck with that...i'm always around on thanksgiving, at the big game of course

Jeff P said...

Kristin....You need to tell that to my wife at the reunion. I'm too old for this shit!!

Tracy - GREAT TO SEE YOU ARE DOING SO WELL!! I agree with what Randy said -you haven't aged at all! I'll be in town for Thanksgiving....although my parents are moving from Catty to Parkland the week prior. I may swing by the Football Game (it's in Catty this year).

Jeff

Vicky said...

Hi Tracy! You look exactly like I remember you! It's good to hear from you. I won't be making it to the reunion either (pictures, pictures!). Your family is beautiful! Good luck with number three. I just had my second baby six months ago. Keep in touch!

Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

Tracy...great to hear from you. You have a beautiful family and I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Sorry to hear that you won't be attending the reunion but I still live in the Lehigh Valley and I agree with Rob that a mini reunion would be great. Take care!

Carol (Schleicher) Good said...

Hi Tracy, it is great to hear from you. You look exactly the same as in high school! How do some of you people do that?! Sorry to hear that you won't make it to the reunion. It also sounds like the MS is not holding you back at all. I hope all continues to go well!

Tracy said...

thank you to all for the compliments.....i feel like i changed alot (older)...i would love a mini reunion at thanksgiving....i usually stay at my aunts house, the Montgomery's (some of you may know my cousin Ann).
My husband would really appreciate us getting together so i stop picking on him for not taking us up this weekend. Dave and his wife and kids stopped by last night to help me get this blog up and talking about it all makes me want to come even more....by the way, Dave, you have to bring Lindsey by again to play with Ashlynn...she cried for an hour when you left....

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy...it's Stacey Ondush...How are you?!

You look exactly the same...SC must agree with you... I have four... & it is great. Your kids are beautiful.

I am also a RN... Pediatric...Love it, although it has it's moments. Missed you at the reunion! I also dream of moving back to Catty, especially after the reunion...My kids will never have the closeness that we have with such a small class!!

Hope to see you soon...Stacey

Tracy said...

stacie....tried this once and it did not post...lets see if i can get it right this time....
what hospital are you at?....almost took a travel position at lehigh valley a few years ago, but Michael's job kept us here....glad to see you are doing well....how is Michelle doing?