Sunday, March 05, 2006

Thank You



First, I want to thank Longe for contacting me about this blog, Matt and Pauko for convincing me to put up a bio. I will have to edit with pictures later. Having some trouble there.
So here's what has happened to me. The summer between our sophomore and junior yrs, mom moved us to Allentown-of course not with a protest from me, I even tried to convince her to let me move in with Michelle Rozelle for the last two years. Nothing doing. Anyway, ended up at Wm. Allen. Boy, what a change that was! Missed Catty terribly!
1988 got me an ok job in customer service, but I did have a really great boss there, married him in 1992. Bob and I are still together 13 years later, can't say same for job.
Spring of '94 had a beautiful baby girl, Jillian Paige, just about 12 (thinking she is 16)very active in dance and cheerleading, doing spring soccor this year for the first time since Kindergarten. She hates 6th grade, she thinks it is "evil".
May of 1999-my dad passed away of cancer- it was a tough 6 months for us.
July of 2000-had me a bouncing baby boy-Anthony Joseph -and he is still bouncing,he plays T-ball, flag football and wrestles- took third place in his bracket his 1st tournament this year.
Nov. 2001-tragedy struck again, my mom passed away of brain cancer, she fought very hard for 4 months. She had said to me when she was diagnosed"see you thought I never had a brain" for those of you who knew my mom, this was her sense of humor, which she kept until almost the end.
Now 2006, I am working full time as an Inside Sales Rep for an Industrial Pump Company in Allentown, shuttling my kids around and an assistant coach for Wilson Borough Flag Football Cheering Squad. Thats about it.

8 comments:

judy said...

hi deanna - wow, it sounds like you have had your fair share of challenges. i'm so sorry to hear about your parents. i know how hard it can be.

congrats on being here! you sound like you're doing great and have a wonderful family. hope to see you at the reunion.

judy

kristen said...

hey deanna, i know we've said hello, but thanks for the bio, i know it mustve been hard to leave during high school, my dad tried to get us to move to at that age and my bro and i put up such a fuss, it worked...anyway, i also am sorry to hear about your parents, my dad passed in 98 of cancer also, and it sucks big time. glad to here your doing well now and also glad your involved here!

Jeff P said...

Deanna,

Thanks for the update...but what's up with the pics?? I'm working on posting some new ones soon....

Jeff

Vicky said...

Deanna, thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about your parents, and I'm glad you're back in touch. Pictures! Pictures!

Vicky said...

*sigh* No. :-(

Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

Hey Dee, I am here. I don't seem to get on as often as the rest of you. Being a single mom sometimes takes priority. I have posted a picture of my daughter. My e-mail is jennam26@verizon.net. Hope to talk to you soon!

Frank said...

Dee,

Now you know you were w/ us in spirit at graduation, right?

My belated condolences regarding your parents.........sounds like life is good with the family, very nice. Take care!

PAS1968 said...

Hello Deanna,

Sorry to hear about both your parents. I remember them both very well. I can still remember your dad dressing up as Santa Claus for us when we were little and Tom pulling his beard to see if he was real, as well as our Meat Loaf duo, mud pies, etc. Don't know if you recall those times, but I still do and I remember them fondly. Anyway, was talking to my mom the other day and mentioned that you were on this website. She asked me if I could try to get in touch with you because we all would love to see you again. So, if you get this email message, please give me a call at 610-231-8796. I'm usually around, but if not please leave a message. My email is alliegirl@rcn.com if you would like to write. I hope to hear from you soon. By the way, I live back on Poplar Street where we grew up as neighbors. If you're ever in the area, you are welcome to stop by for a visit. Til then, take care of yourself and your family.

Patty Newhart(Snyder)