Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Well, well, well!! The class of '86 approaching the big 20 years - who would have thought it?

Hi everybody!! It's been so long since i've seen anybody from my long lost graduating class. I hope everyone is living the life they longed for.

As for me...well, college didn't work out. I was too interested in partying so i came back home and got a job. That didn't work out, so i then enlisted in the Navy. Yes, the Navy. And as luck would have it, i joined up just in time to serve in the Persian Gulf War. I can't complain though. I've been all over the states and even got to see Hong Kong, Thailand, Hawaii, Guam, the Phillipines and of course lots of desert!!

I met my husband, Lance, onboard the ship i was on and ended up having to leave the military because i was pregnant with my awesome son, Dylan. Of course, i had no idea i was pregnant until it occured to me that i was developing a rather round belly and couldn't get enough orange juice to drink!! As if that weren't enough, the entire nine months i was pregnant and after 4 ultrasounds i was told to expect a healthy baby girl. Imagine my surprise when i delivered Dyl. To date, he is still the best thing i've ever done with my life

Lance and i didn't make it, but we're still very good friends. Dyl is an extremely bright, happy, well mannered brainiac of a kid, so i guess we didn't do too badly.

I now live with my boyfriend of almost 2 years and have an extremely happy relationship with him. We're making plans on building a new home soon so i'm looking forward to that.

Right now i'm working as a certified massage therapist in Easton. Love my job, but it's hard to make a living doing it, so i'm back to school again in March to finally get my degree. Yeah.

I guess that's about all anybody really needs to know for now. I look forward to seeing my fellow classmates at our reunion (should there be one) and hope all are well.

Til next time -

Jen

3 comments:

mathbach said...

starting to feel like a homebody for not ever living out of the state.

jen said...

Danny P, I would most certainly like to add you as a client of mine. I work in Easton at a salon/spa (Salon 1626). I'm there Tue,Wed and Thurs. 4-8:00 and Sat. from 9-2. My massages cost $50/per hour or stone therapy is $65.00. The full body/deep tissue massage is an hour and the stone is one hour/15min. Email me at jenscub@yahoo.com and we'll work something out. Oh, i also have a table so i could do a house call! Thanks for the interest.

pauko27 said...

Dan, could you help get the reunion info to Arlana? We need to keep spreading the word.

Thanks. Dave