Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Maine Vacation

Since other people have been so kind as to post vacation pictures I feel I should post some as well. Here are some pictures from mid-July when Michael and I went to Maine for a few days. We had never been there before but packed a whole lot into those short days. We want to go back soon!

The first picture is a view out our bedroom window in Old Orchard Beach. We actually had a shorter walk to the beach than this picture lets on!

The second picture is from the town of Ogunquit. As you can see, the beach is much rockier than where we stayed. It was so beautiful though, and this picture hardly does it justice. There were many shops and restaurants here.

The third picture is from Portland, where Michael and I took a sunset boat tour. Portland is a great little city with great restaurants, little shops and a happening art and craft scene. I wish we had had more time there. Plus we had THE BEST lobster roll there at the Portland Lobster Company!

Which brings us to the last picture. Okay, it's not a great picture of me but it was the main (maine?) reason we decided to go to Maine: the LOBSTER! This is also in Ogunquit. It is in a restaurant right by where picture #1 was taken, in fact. Yes, folks, that's me with a 2 pound lobster. And it was wonderful. Yes, I ate it all myself. Yes, I miss Maine.





9 comments:

Vicky said...

Fantastic pictures Donna! That's the biggest freakin' lobster I've ever seen! Did you eat the whole thing?!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Lobster.

Yes, she indeed DID eat the WHOLE thing.

mj jones said...

I agree the best thing about Maine is the lobster and the beaches are so differant and pretty. Spent time there on our honeymoon in 1994 and plan to take the kids sometime in the next few years. We went to Bar Harbor and Baxter State Park. I loved that you could get an entire Lobster diner for like $10.

Unknown said...

Sure , now you made me hungry for Lobster !!! Looks like a beautiful place.

kristen said...

Donna, i'm so jealous..maine is on my list of places to go (without the kids) and mainly for the lobster. that thing looks awesome!

Donna (Skarbo) Sensor said...

MJ-A great place for a honeymoon! Of course, we didn't make it as far north as Bar Harbor-yet! :)

Kristen-Maine was on my list for a LONG time. Old Orchard Beach, where we stayed, seemed very kid-friendly. There were rides and a boardwalk-like atmosphere. Someone had described it as a cross between Wildwood and Ocean City, MD and that was rather accurate. Michael and I didn't go there at night but it seemed like a lot of fun for kids. I mention this in case you decide to try Maine with the kids; OOB is one place you could check out. :-)

Jamie said...

Donna...what great photos. Add me to the "always wanted to go to Maine" list. I actually sent a few resumes to schools there after college...but that's as far as I got. One of these years we'll get there!

Carol (Schleicher) Good said...

Donna, great pictures! That lobster looks amazing. Did it taste as good as it looked?

Donna (Skarbo) Sensor said...

Carol-the lobster tasted GREAT! (As did the clams I ate before it.) I was a bit concerned that it might get a bit tough at that size but it was tender and tasty. Those folks in Maine can sure cook a lobster! Of course, I can't even think about it or see that picture without craving lobster.