Friday, March 17, 2006

A Blanguage All Its Own



For most of us, this site is our first experience with blogging. And, Judy’s tongue-in-cheek post notwithstanding, the Bloggerverse (blog universe) does have a unique lexicon that can intimidate new visitors and even baffle long-time users if used inappropriately.

With that in mind, my parole officer said that posting a list of blerms (blog terms) along with their meanings would count toward my court-ordered community service for, well, let’s not get into that right now. The point is that for us to understand each other we must speak a common blanguage (blog language) or all posts and comments will devolve into unreadable blabble (blog babble).

I’ll start with a personal example. I have recently been accused of blirting (flirting on the blog) which, while I refuse to confirm or deny, is completely acceptable. However, blalking (blog stalking) is frowned upon. This is when someone lies in wait without participating (blurking) until the object of their affection adds a post or comment and then he/she immediately adds one after them in order to draw attention (blook at me!). Not surprisingly, if the blehavior (self-explanatory) continues or escalates, the next step would be a restraining blorder [Blibid (blog ibid)].

The list of blerms is endless – there are blusiness bleads (a business connection through the blog) and blagging (bragging on the blog) – and I could go on and on until you were completely blored (too late).

But since I only needed 250 words to get credit toward my community service and my blunch (spending your lunch hour at work on the blog) is nearly over, I’ll stop here. But feel free to add your own.

I hope you enjoyed this. If you didn’t, you can go bluck (censored) yourself.

11 comments:

tmmullen said...

D--What's with all the questions? You need a beer... and a shot... or two...

And to answer your questions: Plenty and yes. Did you get mine?

LongE said...

Is this post private between you two, or can we join in too?

Unknown said...

My tax money at work. Love it !!!

Unknown said...

Hey Longe- Heading to the tables this weekend. Wish me luck !!!

mathbach said...

nice work (or lack thereof) Mullen. iS that the Tower of Blabel?

tmmullen said...

Good one Matt.

mathbach said...

ever have a Irish Car Bomb?

steve said...

See how he mocks me...

pauko27 said...

Mike, what exactly are you trying to say?

andrea said...

wut is it you exactly do mullen....seems like i need to find a better way for my parents tax dollars to be spent....

LongE said...

Be careful Deanna....to much blogging can lead to blogaration, which then leads to blogorce.