Saturday, April 26, 2008

Opening day of Trout(second opening)

About 2 weeks ago, We've been doing it since 16yrs old. Had a blast as usual, camping outfrom Friday til Sunday with Rock,Sandsy,Lew,myself.

First year Robb ever missed, Rusty missed it also. Sandsy brought his son,Ian for first time with us. He had a great time. Once I get my new computer, I'll log some pictures on here.
Dug up some old photo books from about 99' fishing, Tim Cunningham was going with us also.
Both the Shanders usually go also, missed this year too.

Bushkill creek, by Fernwood(Poconos), with very few fisherman and we camp n a private property, large Bon Fires, alot of male-bonding and alot of trout!
I was just up yesterday overnight camping with my daughter Emily and Rock and his son Ryan.


They had a blast and we caught about 60 trout.(catch and released), But we did keep 2, 16 inch Brook trout(big for them). The state just re-stocked the stream. The Kids had fun at the fire, got abit wet, but was very relaxing and enjoyed watching them do their own things, discovering it all, and learning.
That was the most enjoyable part. Rumor has it, Rusty got his turkey hunting this weekend.
The stream is right in front of us, limited access, keeping the crowds to a minimum, and just a gorgeous view.
I just wish I could post some of the pics, maybe I can get Rock to do it. I'll save the old 99' pics as ransom insurance.

The most important thing all 3 children learned while being there.

"What goes on at the fishing camp, stays at the fishing camp!" :P

2 comments:

kristen said...

fun, fun...but dont be so sure of the "what goes on at fishing camp" quota, because my kids are told that too, and it doesnt happen...even with the 8 year old!

kristen said...

i mean quote