Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sparky











Ok here is Sparky the pictures are a little old. He is a Springer/Cocker Spanial mix and he takes a bit of abuse from the children. He is 3 years old and the kids love him. Thank god he is really good he rarely barks, stays in the yard without a leash and loves to chase the birds and deer. He also loves to swim and as you can tell by the picture he loves to ice fish (something we have yet to see this year). Right now he has this really weird habit of sleeping under the wood stove. I have no idea how he doesn't cook his brain because it is so hot but he hasn't yet. My husband and I sometimes regret having a dog because they really tie you down but again the kids love him.

8 comments:

randyg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mj jones said...

too funny it looks like Forrest is peeing but he is probobly pulling in a fish

kristen said...

we had a dog before jake was born..a black lab mix..he wondered into the yard of a friend i used to work with..when we moved to the house, he was in the pool several times and couldnt get out, also under the pool full of mud and tracked it through the house on my brand new carpet...needless to say, we dont have him any more, more work than kids, plus, i worked full-time then and we were never home...when we'd go on vacation, you have to have someone take care of it, etc...was hard getting rid of him, but do not want another dog, as it isnt fair to the dog how often we would be gone...oh, by the way, his name was "Fullback" (guess you know who named him!)

randyg said...

Kristen - did he ever score the winning touchdown on a turkey day game? I heard that Brad brought mud in the house one day back in fall of 1985. ha ha ha

Vicky said...

I have to confess that Frasier doesn't actually live in our house anymore. He lives at John's Dad's house. We had an addition put on our house 2 1/2 years ago, and while the work was going on, we sent him to live there so he wouldn't get in the way and wouldn't get hurt. Now my Father in Law won't give him back so we share custody! I love Frasier but I can't believe how much cleaner the house is without him here on a regular basis!

Sonya C said...

Are you all trying to talk me out of this dog?

I agree that I worry about the dog tying us down, but since we don't travel much I hope it's not a big deal.

mj jones said...

not trying to talk you out of it just telling my side.....we do go away alot and it's a pain finding a dogsitter

Sonya C said...

I guess the dog is already tying me down....normally I wouldn't even hesitate to take a trip up to Catty but with the new puppy it's going to be hard.