Saturday, January 20, 2007

Our Zoo

This is our zoo!
I never had a cat growing up and never really cared for them. Now we have three???? The one with her head through the chair is a Siamese. Her real name is "Siami" . Don't let her beauty fool you! Her nickname is "Lil B". The "B" stands for many things. The dark gray one is "Chatty". He is the one that started it all. He is 16 - 17 years old and there is not another one like him in the world. The "Lil B" is his biggest pain in the ass! The dog (who thinks he is a cat) is McCrea (named after Collin McCrea - off road racer) He was through three levels of obedience classes and qualified as a "Therapy Dog". He is my shadow. Finally the big white cat "Gray" (don't ask) is also known as the "Illusive White Lion" He goes about 18 pounds (solid) He is afraid of his own shadow. Because of his size we had to buy a medium dog door for the pass through to their litter boxes. He got wedged in the regular cat door. He also has one blue eye and one green eye. Our animals bring a lot of joy into our life.


7 comments:

mj jones said...

nice....Sparky actually was bread by people who raise therapy dogs. He too is really gentle which is a good thing because like I mentioned he takes a bit of child abuse.

randyg said...

MJ - I had a black lab when I graduated from college. She was a really good hunting dog. No obedience at all! If she ever got loose.....well lets just say I was going for a run. It was one way to get excercise.

Anyone read "Marley and Me"? If you didn't you have to! If you are an animal lover you will love this book. I won't ruin it for anyone.

Vicky said...

Randy, your animals are beautiful. We also had two cats in addition to the dog. Ozzy, who was the most mental cat I've ever met. He used to run sideways and he thought he was a dog. And Fat Dave, who passed away last year at the ripe old age of 16. I'm with you on the cat flap thing - Dave got his fat ass stuck in it too, hence his name!

mugs said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxGoRUXRW0

see if that link works, the Kitty cat song

The animal lovers will like this

Sonya C said...

I can't believe you live with all these animals in a townhouse!!!

randyg said...

Sonya - cats don't need a yard and there is a great walking park next to our house so the dog gets for more walks now then he ever did. When do you get your dog? I totally agree with MJ...crating is the best. I spent the first year taking my dog to all of those obiedient classes and let me tell you...it was money well spent. This is by far the best dog that I have ever had and I attribute that to the training.

Sonya C said...

I believe I am suppose to get my dog on Saturday, but we'll wait to see if the breeder calls and says they are ready.