Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tim Puts His Boots on the Ground in Iraq

This message/request is from Tom Brobst, past Catty Class 80ish?, about Tim Debelak who some of you may know. Regardless of your views about the war, bringing it closer to home is a good reminder of what is going on.

"Tim Debelak, a career Navy man who was most recently stationed in Maine, is now being called on to do a one-year tour of duty in Iraq and will be shipping out soon. However, he won't be on a ship. Instead, Tim will be put in harm's way with his boots on the ground as part of the occupation efforts..." (continued)

1 comment:

pauko27 said...

When Tim informed me he was going over to Iraq, it was a balmy 119 degrees in the location where he was being sent. So besides the obvious dangers, fighting the heat and I'm sure other hazards in terms of the new germs he'll be exposed to, are issues we don't even think about. In most long-term wars, more people often die from disease than from guns and bombs.

Anyway, whether or not you support or oppose the Iraqi War/Occupation, I hope that you support the troops over there and more specifically, Tim. Please send me your message to Tim and address it to him along with your return email address, any pictures, jokes, anecdotes, poems, verses, or any words of encouragement you can offer to him. I'll circulate his direct email address for folks who may want to contact him from time to time to keep his spirits up.

I appreciate your participation in supporting Tim. Anything that will help him keep his mind off of the job at hand and the risks associated with it, I'm sure will go a long way. Send your message to me at tbrobst@yahoo.com. I will forward Tim's contact info to you after he sends it to me.

Thanks, Tom Brobst