Saturday, July 08, 2006

Going up to London...


Well, really we went down to London because it's south of here, but the proper British way to say you're travelling to London is to say you're going up...strange Brits.

Anyway, we went to London and visited the American Embassy to report Chris' birth, register him as a U.S. citizen, and get his U.S. passport. This is the second time I've done this, because obviously I did it nine years ago when my daughter was born. I had to stand before a State Department Officer, raise my right hand and take an oath on behalf of my son. Then I changed his diaper (my son's - not the officer's).

So now there are three Yanks in the house, and I spent the day yesterday reminding my husband that he's outnumbered. Then of course he reminded me that I took British Citizenship 2 years ago, so the British are still beating the Americans 4-3.

3 comments:

Mare said...

Vicki- I loved the pictures. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting. I am heading to Rome in two weeks. Can you help me with some great sites? We have the Rome tour at night. Any other advice? Anyone out there travelled to Rome?

Vicky said...

Mare, where you been? Rome! I'm jealous! It's on my list of places to visit. Unfortunately, my list is very, very, very long. Lots of my American friends here have been to Rome, so I'll put the word out and get some info for you. Don't forget to post pictures when you get back!

Mare said...

Hey Vicki - thank you. I appreciate. I have only 3 days to see what I can, so any inside track would be great. I've been working, vacationing and who the heck knows....time flies. I was catching up. Your entries always make me smile.