Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Idol Talk

Somebody had to do it. With only 4 left, we'll only have 4 weeks of chatter.

I've been warned by my gang in our blog that my masculinity would be questioned by posting Idol stuff, but I'm willing to take that chance. Besides, I'm very diverse and open-minded (and extremely comfortable in my...oh, like I have to defend myself!!!). I've been a fan the last couple years. The show is entertaining and it's nice to have a 'clean' show that showcases natural talents and personalities.

There is one other from our gang who, until Mandisa got voted out (unjustly in his mind), was extremely verbose in his Idol postings. Can you guess who it is?

Anyway, I'm not surprised by Paris' exit because of her age, but she was one of the top 2 singers left. Of the past couple years' shows, I think she has the brightest future of anyone. Now, can someone explain to me how Longe, I mean Taylor, keeps surviving? He's not THAT good.

12 comments:

Sandman said...

:)

Sonya C said...

Dave,

You had all this time to post this, but yet we have no bio from you!!! Shame, shame, shame.

I agree with you. Paris is one of the best and I believe that her age was the reason she was voted off this week. With those left, I think Chris should be the winner.

Carol (Schleicher) Good said...

I must admit that we are Idol fans and it is one of the few shows we actually try to watch each week in between all the baseball practices and games. My vote would probably be for either Chris or Catherine. Haven't decided who is my favorite yet. I think Taylor stays because he is just a nice guy and seems to have a fun personality.

Longe, are you going to sing for us at the reunion and give us your best Taylor impersonation?

Unknown said...

C'mon Lew- your a closet Idol fan!
BTW- I voted for Taylor!!!!! I love him. He is hilarious and fun and truly LOVES music. But the thing I like most is that he doesn't take himself so seriously.

Mare said...

Gotta say, I love Taylor too. However, I would say that I think Chris has some serious appeal. I think he'll be in the final two.

Mare said...

BTW Dave - could you be referencing Mullen?

Steve Freeman said...

Is it just me, or does Idol have a majority female following (sorry any guys who actually watch it)?
I can't watch people sing song after song that I don't know or have no interest in. Maybe I am wrong (usually find I am), but I never could get into to the "Idol" thing.

Unknown said...

Steve- I read the stats on the audience. You are coorect ! It was something like 99.9% female viewers. Thanks to Dave and Longe..

pauko27 said...

So Mary guesses Mullen and Robb guesses Longe as the 'other' Idol fan. What about Matt or Jackson?

I guarantee Lew is a fan but won't admit it. He is the big music guy, after all.

Sandman said...

lew - how'd that taste?

tmmullen said...

Fan is a strong word. Viewer is more accurate. But when Mandisa and Kellie went before Paris and Elliot - I was sadly disappointed by yet another group of voters.

LongE said...

Can't say I have watched Idol since the beginning "funny" episodes. The ironic thing about Pauko watching Idol is that while he is watching, his wife is in the other room watching the NBA playoffs.