Saturday, May 27, 2006

For Randy...

...who is proud to say he's "tits up and randy" and asked me for more British slang (as if your vocabulary isn't colorful enough), I thought I'd carry on with the "tits" theme:

tit: a very silly person. "He's a tit, in't he?"
tits up: out of business or something that went completely wrong. "I was supposed to meet my mates at the pub at 8, but it all went tits up."
arse over tit: to fall over "I was leaving the pub when I slipped and went arse over tit."
on me tits: on my nerves "You're getting on me tits!" Alternatively, you could tell someone to get lost by saying "Get off me tits!"

There is an entire slang dictionary for you here, Randy. Now stop fannying around, have a good read and soon you'll be talking bollocks!

6 comments:

randyg said...

Vicki - this is great!!!!!

Sonya C said...

I am so sorry you won't be attending the reunion. I would love to hear these phrases in use with your british accent.

randyg said...

Sonya - we will just have to practice up and use them ourselves.

Vicky said...

Sonya, I don't have a British accent. I still have my American accent. So, when I say these phrases, I say them just like you would. All my British friends (and sometimes my husband ;-) ) laugh at me because it sounds so funny to them!

Sonya C said...

I am sure you have an accent it's not as pronounced as others. We would notice a difference in your voice.

Jeff P said...

Vicki - Sounds like "tit's up" is similar to "pear shaped" if my recollection of English Slang is correct???

Jeff