Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tagged....what the heck is that?!

Well, if I had my own personal blog, Jamie would have "tagged" me...Since I don't, here goes...

The rules: Post the rules before giving the facts. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of the your blog you need to tag (hopefully) six people and list their names. Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.

1. Before I moved to N. Catty, I lived on N. 12th St (in Catty, not many people even know where that is) right behind Carol Hahn and Kevin Hoch (sp?, '84). We used to play in the rain and shower (with soap) under an old broken-off rain spout.

2. When I moved to N. Catty, my brother had a friend who had a sister. When I finally got up the nerve to walk up to her house, I stood at her sliding door and just peered in for how long, I dont know, but never knocked. Finally, someone answered the door and the rest is history...MJ?

3. I used to set up my Barbies on the living room floor and play for hours. My dog would sit and watch, also for hours, her head turning with every move I made. I think she secretly wanted to eat them. Now, I dread the thought of my daughter wanting all of that stuff.

4. I haven't lived in Catty ALL of my life....SHUT UP!! I lived in Northampton...SHUT UP! for a year shortly before, and when I was first married. In a house made in to 3 apartments across from Millers Diner....SHUT UP!

5. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot......with my tongue. (As long as it is the right length) Try it, it makes for an interesting time and some interesting conversation. ("What else can you do with your tongue that we don't know about?")

6. I did something in high school that only 2 or 3 people know about. In the gym locker room with one of my long time and bestest friends (not MJ)...."she made me do it!" I still have nightmares about what would've happened if we were caught. I also have nightmares about losing my class schedule and forgetting my locker combination.

7. I do not want my daughter to follow in my footsteps and be a cheerleader...She already has a pink basketball and a hoop in our driveway, a pink softball glove and ball, and believe it or not, a mini field hockey stick and pink field hockey ball!

8. I watch too much TV. The Price is Right, The Young and the Restless, Bold & Beautiful, General Hospital...Two & a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race, CSI, ER, Friday Night Lights, HGTV and Foodnetwork. I'm sure I missed some, there are too many to remember. Like I said, I watch too much TV.

Now, I am tagging....MaryJo, Vicki, Randy, Michelle Heist, Freeman, Sonya....and anyone else who wants to contribute (I'm not sure who is blurking any more....Donna Sensor!) Since you dont have your own personal blogs, that I know of...just comment as you normally do to any other post!

13 comments:

Jamie said...

Somehow I knew you'd come up with 8 things! Although I'm thinking #6 needs more of an explanation!

mj jones said...

I will post when I get back we are going away for a few days I look forward to reading some other peoples posts when we return. Funny thing Kristen I remember always coming to your house to play Barbie because you had everything and I did not. Now my daughter DOES have tons of it and I do play them with her often. Funny how we give them what we never had. She dances too which you also got to do and I did not. Anyway, I believe the dog's name was Heidi??? and I think I learned the answer to #6 just since blogging but will never tell. I always thought you lived in Catty your whole life so we won't hold that one year against you!!

Vicky said...

Cybertag. Cool. I agree with Jamie. #6 needs more of an explanation. :-)

Vicky said...

Okay, here's my eight:

1. I was engaged to two other guys (not at the same time!) before marrying John - third time lucky!

2. My brothers and I have all married people who talk funny. John has an English accent, my sister in law Nancy is Chinese and so speaks English with a Chinese accent, and my other sister in law Jenny is from Virginia. For any of you out there who take offense to the "talk funny" comment, it was Jenny who first pointed this out to me.

3. I love to cook. I experiment on my family with new (and sometimes bizarre) recipes. They hate this.

4. Last year during Christmas dinner we had chocolate covered ants.

5. I watch very little television unless the program involves cooking or growing something.

6. Halloween is not a big deal here, and when I first moved to England, two kids turned up on my doorstep around the middle of October, saying "trick or treat" and not wearing a costume of any kind. I sent them away, telling them to come back on October 31st, in a costume, or they'd get no candy from me. Thereafter, I was known as the "mean American who lives at Number 79."

7. I drink far too much diet coke.

8. I went to college in Tampa but spent a lot of time in Orlando (annual Disney pass!) One Saturday night my friends and I went to Pleasure Island. I drank too much and puked out the car window during the entire 80 mile journey home.

Tag. Who's next?

Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

I also want an explanation on Kristen's #6.

1. I have never owned a dog or a cat.

2. Mr. Fahringer is my next door neighbor.

3. I have no nieces or nephews but there is one on the way (my brother & his wife)

4. I have no tattoos or piercings.

5. I still love to roller skate and do it every year the day after Christmas at Skateaway with my daughter.

6. I watch General Hospital and Grey's Anatomy.

7. I have seen Michael Bolton 4 times in concert and have his autograph.

8. I am a huge Miami Dolphins fan (football).

Tag...who's next?

kristen said...

oh you girls are sooooo curious are you!? maybe at the next reunion i'll be over my fears and spill it....i want to see your reactions, anyway

kristen said...

oh yea, i'll have to get the other participants approval!

mugs said...

I remember ages ago, about 7th or 8th grade when Rusty and I were the in a play as Cora and Dora, the lovely Ladt Twins, beating out Kristen and Judy :o
I also remember them dressing us up and applying makeup to us for the play.
On a side note, walking to Lincoln, I remeber Judy and Kristen moon Rusty and myself..hehe
I know there were pics of Rusty and I doing the Drag scenes, I just hope they are buried in one of lost time capsules.

kristen said...

mike, i remember none of that...and since your blurking...consider yourself "tagged"!

mugs said...

kristen
I need a favor...e-mail at
mullermugs32@aol.com
Send me a blank eamil, I'll return my question

I'll tag up shortly, but do these count?

I really hated Mr Breons clogs.

Mr Buss on a cycle is a disturbing picture
Watching a 60yr old ref out run your husband on a football field is very disturbing.
Paul Semmmel"Basically" had no business being in the government.
Doing the egg drop in Mr Galm's class was awesome..God rest his Soul. If I recall Stevo tried using rice crispies for his egg.

On a side note, I've located Brad Shuler..Morning Call paper, Local setion page 3 within the last 2 weeks. Unfortunately, it seems Brad and Joey Dopsovic(Catty) were charged for something, they were fired for drinking on job then urinating in bosses office and vandalism charges,destruction of property.etc.
I'm assuming you can go to the MCall site, search his name and find the article. What a shame, suprised no one posted about it.

mj jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mj jones said...

ok here goes

1. I have a strong desire to visit every state in the US. I am not interested in going to other countries other than the Carribean. So far I have vacationed in 18 mostly since I am married.

2. I met my husband while at work. He is 4 years younger than me.

3. I was little Miss Catasauqua when I was 10, I believe Andrea was a runner up along with Cory Leh.

4. After I had Austin I sellfishly prayed regularly while trying to have a 2nd child for it to be a girl. It took over a year but I got my girl. Thank you god!!

5. When I was around 11 I started a house fire that destroyed our upper kitchen cabinets and when I went back to school Joe Strohl and Randy teased my terribly calling me "fire starter".

6. Someday I want to be a foster mom and help kids in need.

7. If it wasn't for my mother I would join my husband in his desire to move away and never look back. Arizona or San Diego anyone??? I just can't seem to take the kids away from my mom especially now that she isn't married.

8. I never ever want to go back to work full time again as long as I can afford not to.

kristen said...

amen for #8....