Thursday, August 02, 2007

Aaaah, The Good Life




I've been back to reality now for several days, and have finally taken the time to update ya'll on our Myrtle Beach vacation.

Most of our days were just spent relaxing on the beach, as in the pic with Trisha & I. She's learning real quick (or is it "right quick"Jamie?) how to enjoy the lazy days on the beach. We went mini-golfing in the morning (all of us twice, Brad & the boys 3x). This was our first attempt at taking Trisha along, and she did surprisingly well. I thought for sure she would be in the water a couple times. The boys went fishing one day, Brad & Jake went out on a boat another day. The crabbing gear went along for the ride again. We did some shopping. I hit the Vanity Fair outlet down there for school jeans for the boys. Even though we have one in Reading, I dont go there. We spent too much money, ate way too much and of course the two weeks went by way too fast! Although it is always good to get home. Upon arriving home this year, we awoke Sunday morning to discover that we had a little critter (probably more than one) living in our home while we were gone. We caught one by the stove on Monday morning and today I bought four more traps in hopes of catching more. The boys say they heard some noises in the basement last night so needless to say, my skin is crawling. I'm not surprised though, as my neighbors seem to be growing a jungle in their backyard. Hopefully, they have a house full of mice! Regardless, Brad is already looking into booking our place for next summer and soon the countdown will be posted on the fridge to get us through the frigid winter nights.





6 comments:

Vicky said...

Welcome back Kristen! Glad you had fun and aren't your kids gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the photos. We love minigolf and go at least 2x every time we're on vacation. We're leaving today for our vacation, and I can't wait! See you in two weeks!

Sonya C said...

I am so jealous!!!! It's hard to believe it has been two weeks already. Welcome back and thanks for posting your pictures.

mj jones said...

Great pictures! Glad you had fun makes me miss not going to the beach this year.
As for the critters we have that happen every winter when the field mice try to make an entrance...YUCK!!

mj jones said...

I forgot I wanted to add that it looks like your son healed nicely good thing.

Jamie said...

I think you can only use "right quick" if you were born south of the Mason Dixon line. Ofcourse, I see you threw in a "y'all", so maybe Yankees can use these southern sayings. Sometimes I feel like I live in hickville down here!

Love your beach photos. It must be awesome to be there for 2 weeks. 1 never seems like enough. Good looking children! I love Trisha's curly hair.

TerriE said...

I'm jealous like Sonya! The pics looks so relaxing (sigh). Glad you had a great family vacation!