Friday, August 24, 2007

Have I Ever Mentioned....

how much I look forward to this time of year?! The first football game is just a week away,...the Roughs should make a decent show of it this year. They pleasantly surprised the fans, coaches and maybe even themselves against Puis X during last weeks scrimmage. Tonight they scrimmage Whitehall, who by the way is assisted by Bob Bydlon. Jake will play his 2nd year on the middle school team, and it looks like he will be the quarterback. It's a good thing I already have no nails! And even though I basically feel like a single parent until Thanksgiving, I so look forward to my Friday nights away, thanks to my mom and her weekly babysitting.

The kiddies are going back to school soon after that, ...Jake will be in 8th grade, his 51 leaves have been pressing now for almost 2 weeks and it's about time to get them in the album complete with labels. Thank God there is no longer a bug collection due.

Lucas will start 2nd grade. He is not playing football this year, and I'm glad since his broken nose has made "Mom" an overbearing, nervous wreck whenever I see him playing with any type of ball or bat.

And I will finally have some "me" time for a couple hours, 2 days a week when I ship Trisha off to pre-school. She is looking forward to "going where Lukey went" but I am secretly more excited than she is. Does that sound awful? Yes, but no. All of you stretched too thin mommies can definately feel my glee.

Hopefully, the two lazy ass neighbor boys will be going off somewhere. The oldest is in college somewhere but commutes and the youngest just barely graduated from high school, and the marines have been visiting. It scares me to think that he may be protecting our country some day. He can't even cut the grass. And I won't miss the house shaking when they blast the car stereo any time of the day or night.

I will be starting a new job. I am now officially employed by the school district as the Substitute Caller Coordinator. And although that requires early hours and later nights, I can do it in my pj's, without my hair done or my face made up. I requires no commute, no gas, and no co-workers. And we bought a new laptop so I wont be confined to the basement on the old Gateway dinosaur, unless I need to print.

So let's hope it doesnt rain every Friday night like it seemed it did last year, let's hope Jake doesnt get killed on the field (too bad anyway), let's hope Lucas doesnt get a kickball in the face during recess, and let's hope Trisha doesnt get sent home from preschool for using her potty mouth at the very most appropriate time.

14 comments:

Donna Sensor Thomas said...

No insect collection; what is the world coming to? :-)

mj jones said...

Great post, what exactly does a Caller Coordinator do?
I remember well those first few days when Lindsey went to Preschool it seemed like I would never get time alone and then it finally comes. Now they both go all day and everyday from 9-2 is my time. Unfortunalty some days I get bored. I just am not one to worry about my house being spotless like many moms. Don't get me wrong it's always clutter free but I never heard that anyone died from to much dust....HAHA.
As for us I am NOT looking forward to going back to a 630 wake up but my bus run did get shorter and looks like it should be good again this year. I am looking forward to getting a full paycheck instead of those rotten unemployment checks but hey getting paid for doing nothing still ranks pretty high in my book. Austin has begun fall baseball where he is pitching (another nail bitter) and I am helping coach Lindseys softball team this year. Girls are so much easier than boys when they are 7. As much as I hate to see the season end I am looking forward to getting into a routine again.

PS. I love the potty-mouth comment.

kristen said...

I am also not looking forward to the early mornings...trisha has developed the bad habit of waking early & coming in bed with me, then we end up sleeping until almost 9..thats too late, as then i dont want to get moving at all

I will be taking calls from the teachers who are calling off sick and then I have to call subs to cover for them that day...so i could be getting calls from like 5-5:30am and then up to 10-10:30 pm.

I definately wont be bored...my house is clean but not clutter free..the opposite of yours i guess..i dont have enough room for all this crap! My first morning I plan on going to Perkins and indulging in a quiet breakfast!

mj jones said...

HEY its clean just a little dusty.

Jamie said...

I always look forward to this time of year too...but I'm not sure why anymore! No more back to school for me since my teaching days are over. Maybe it's just because I'm ready for summer to be over. I love fall and I'm always ready to gear up for the holiday season!

But your post made me miss home very much, Kristen. And MJ you made me laugh. What's a little dust, right? I worry too much about cleaning but now that John is crawling(and drooling non-stop), my hardwood floors may never be clean again!

randyg said...

Good post Kristen. How did Catty do against Whitehall?

Fall is my favorite time of year as well. I am ready for football games on tv (mainly college football). I got my one game per year to Penn State vs. Wisconsin and looking forward to that.

My wife got us tickets to see a Phillies game for my birthday. I haven't been in the new stadium so that will be a good time.

We really didn't get on any vacations this year, just a lot of day trips here and there. We can't wait to get back to the Outer Banks next summer.

Thanks to those of you who pledged money to the MS Ride. I really appreciate it. The ride is five weeks away. A couple of the guys I ride with are going to do the "Donut Derby" on Labor Day. It's a 35 mile ride with three stops that you can stop and eat as many donuts as you can. For each donut you eat takes 3 minutes off of your total time. So you could actually win the race just base on the number of donuts you can eat. It should be a lot of fun.

mj jones said...

now thats my kind of ride.

I took Austin to a my 1st Phillies game a few weeks ago it was alot of fun. Hope you enjoy it.

kristen said...

GO METS!

randyg said...

Where did Go Mets come from?

Kristen - How did Catty do against Whitehall?

kristen said...

well, you guys were talking about the phillies...

defensively they did fairly well..couldnt get anything done offensively, not sure why since the week before offense did very well...probably wouldve lost in game situation

randyg said...

I'm not a Phillies fan myself but always enjoy going to see games.

We go to see Whitehall play during the season. I try to get to one or two Catty games per season as well.

Steve - what happened to the Eagles? I do have to say McNabb looked pretty good. He launched one when they were in their own end zone. I couldn't believe how far he threw it.

Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

I hope to get to a game or two myself. Lisa Harrigle's son, Branden, plays on Catty's varsity football team so keep your eye out for him. Go Roughies!

Vicky said...

Kristen, I love this time of year too, and it's the one time of year that I still get homesick. Life here in the Autumn (it annoys English people when I say "Fall") is so different to life there. :-/ I miss football, changing leaves (they change here too, but it seems to be more gradual and not as colorful), pumpkins (growing my own this year), halloween and thanksgiving.

kristen said...

yes, Branden certainly has gotten big, i'll be expecting him to roll a few heads this year!...Lisa???