Saturday, August 04, 2007

Family Films

Since I ONLY get to see family movies at the actual theater anymore, here is what I've seen with my two boys this summer so far!
1 - Ratatouille - excellent, different, better than expected (both boys loved it)
2 - Underdog - funny, good story, really liked it too (both boys really loved it, being dog lovers)
3 - Shrek the Third - I thought the story was played out, wasn't very funny even (they liked it)

Next on our list (before the summer is over) is Daddy Day Camp. Trae loved Daddy Day Care (I think he just liked the fart scene with the little kid) and wants to see this one.

We are also going to the Spectrum to See "Walking With Dinosaurs" on Saturday, Aug. 18th. I'll post pix of that (if we can take pictures); it should be really good.

4 comments:

TerriE said...

Steve-We got to see Hairspray which was an excellent movie!! Lots of inuendos for the adults that younger kids won't get. We laughed so much! Saw parts of Harry Potter, too. What I saw was good and Shuli liked it. (I was holding Shauna in the lobby b/c she was cranky and I didn't want to ruin the movie for others.)

Jamie said...

Ida went to the theater a week or two ago for the first time. They show children' movies in the summer for $1.00. She saw Curious George, but wasn't overly impressed, although she loved the popcorn and big seats.

I was thinking of taking her to see Ratatouille, but wasn't sure if it was a good choice for a 3 1/2 year old.

mj jones said...

So far this summer I have seen Ratatouille, Hairspray, Shrek 3, Pirates, Transformers, Oceans 13 and tonight we are going to see Harry Potter. As you can tell I love going to the movies, still on the list is Bratz and possibly Underdog. It's been a great summer for movies lots of good stuff and many to choose from. Lindsey is currently at her second screening of Hairspray and we rented Grease for her at the library the other day. So funny to see JT when he was so young and thin.

Vicky said...

I saw HP the day it came out, and saw Shrek the Third on the ferry on the way to France. I liked it, but not as much as the other two. I've seen advertisements for Ratatouille, but haven't got around to seeing it yet. It looks good though.