Friday, October 06, 2006

Belly up to the bar...



It's 3:47 a.m. here in the U.K., so it's 10:47 p.m. at the Blue Monkey, where there's probably an impromptu reunion happening in anticipation of the golf, which is in anticipation of the picnic which, of course, is in anticipation of the main event tomorrow night. I am awake because I have no life, and also because Chris woke up in the middle of the night for a bottle and now I can't get back to sleep.

I'm crying in my drink over missing this reunion. It's been great to catch up with everyone, and I hope the blog doesn't die a death after the reunion is over and everyone has gone home.

I will visit Catty at some point before the next reunion in 2011, and I hope I'll see some of you the next time I'm in town. Otherwise, see you in five, when we're all over 40!

7 comments:

randyg said...

Vicki - Sorry that you cannot make it here. We will post pictures as soon as possible. There was a little Pre-reunion kick off with "happy hour" last night. It was so great to see faces that I have not seen since the day we walked away from CHS. It's 8:10 AM and I'm gearing up for the golf outing. I will try and get as many pictures as I can to post. Hang in there and we are all thinking of you!!!!!

Tracy said...

hey vicki, you are not alone in missing out....I won't make it up there until Thanksgiving and I just hate missing out on this weekend....Husband owes me BIG TIME....

mj jones said...

Vicki I will have a drink for you as I am sure so will many others. I wish you could be here. You have been an active part of this blog and will be missed tonight. Yes I think since the response has been so good this time every 5 years should be a definate!!!

Vicky said...

Thanks guys. I have no worries about anyone having a drink for me! Michelle, at least you get some cows!

Jamie said...

I'm with Vicki...as the reunion kept getting closer, I kept wanting to be there more. But after a few contractions this afternoon(although meaningless ones), I guess it's good I stayed put. Definitely hoping for a 25th...although that might make me feel REALLY old! Hope you all have a great night and can't wait to hear all about it.

Vicky said...

Jamie, no way - are you in labour!?! I've just been reading your blog. I thought you weren't due until November?

Carol (Schleicher) Good said...

Vicki,Jamie,and Tracy, we missed you guys! It was a fun time. Looking forward to seeing you at the 25th!