Friday, February 08, 2008

Okay, I have to vent somewhere...I have been dealing with a sick husband since last evening....He has the flu and you would think he was dying...He rarely gets sick, thank God...He is the WORST patient....complains constantly, doesn't like to swallow pills, needs constant pillow adjustments, fresh water every half hour and at the same time I am taking care of three kids ages five, three and 4 months....And I think my husband is worse than the other three put together....I gave him some meds to knock him out this morning and left the house for four hours with the younger two just to get some peace....Being a nurse you would think I would have patience for this, but he is driving me crazy....I guess that I lost my bedside manner working in the OR for fourteen years.....Its much easier when the patient is out cold....

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Ugh, man flu. My husband was ill over Christmas. I couldn't wait to go back to work.

mj jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

Men are usually the worse patients. This is why they don't have babies, they can't even deal with the flu...imagine them being pregnant for 9 months....GEEZ!!!!