Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anyone have any Valentine's Day traditions they would like to share? I don't really, but since the kids came along, I try to do something a little special. I know we don't need a specific day of the year to express our love, but sometimes life gets crazy and we need to be reminded a little bit. A couple years in a row, I made special heart shaped meat loaves. The first year it was cute. The 2nd year it was cute. The 3rd year it was old. Jake asked today, in his 13 year old, should've been a whiny girl voice, "Are you making those heart shaped meat loaves again?" And when I said no, he said good! Lucas came home and with great anticipation said, "Did you make those heart shaped meat loaves?" And when I said no, he said..."aaawww" So one boy was happy, one boy was disappointed, and Trisha doesn't care about the meat loaves, she just wants more chocolate! One thing they do love, that is not just a Valentine's Day goody, but a whatever the special day is goody, is Chocolate Cream Pie. So I whipped one up today and topped it with red & pink heart candies. I am now going to take Jake to his girlfriends house and look forward to coming home for a quiet night of Survivor and Lost! It will be especially relaxing because I will not have any "in need of a sub" calls coming in, since there is no school tomorrow! Woo-hoo! Here's hoping everyone is loved tonight!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh...I make a heart-shaped meatloaf every year. I stole the idea from my Mom who always made them when we were young. She also put red food coloring in the mashed potatoes, but I skipped that tradition. We make a special sweet treat instead.

We have a family valentine box that we fill up with all the cards and gifts we receive...kind of like we used to when we were in elementary school.

Unfortunately, John got sick today. But that didn't keep Ida from being overly excited all day long.

mj jones said...

nothing special here for v-day but what do you think of Lost? I just got done watching it and am baffled as to where this show is going. So whats w/ the Oceanic 6? So far I know it's Jack, Kate, Siead and Hurley. I knew it was going to be Ben in the end but all I keep thinking is WHAT THE heck is going on. It just gets weirder and weirder.

kristen said...

it certainly does get weirder...i guessed hurley in the closet and ben being "vet" doctor in the end...i dont know who the 6th person will be, i'm hoping Sawyer because at the end of last season when Kate met Jack at the airport, didnt she say I've got to get back, he'll be wondering where I am. or something like that, and I was thinking she is with Sawyer then...

mj jones said...

yeah thats what I was thinking (hoping)too, i wonder also who was in the coffin (remember that) it was hard enough to follow when they jumped back in there lives now they are jumping ahead. every week i watch thinking we will learn something but we never really do.

mj jones said...

I am going to guess it was Locke in the coffin