Monday, July 16, 2007

Hen Weekend





My best friend Michelle is getting married in four weeks, so on Saturday 13 of us went to Newcastle for her hen weekend (the female version of a stag night, but it lasts all weekend). Basically, the bride (and sometimes her friends) wear silly things and you participate in that great British tradition - the pub crawl. A pub crawl is defined as getting as many drinks down your neck in as many pubs as possible. It's all done on foot so you walk off lots of the alcohol! We took our best friend Derek The Blow Up Doll along with us, and as you can see, he made lots of friends and had the best night out of anyone. I'm tired! Glad I don't have to do that again for a long time (not until Michelle's sister's hen night next year)!

5 comments:

Steve Freeman said...

Wow, I've been away from the blog for a while and the first pic I see has a male blowup doll in it. I thought I was at the wrong blog for a sec.
I hope the pub crawl was fun (some people I teach with do a pub crawl in Stroudsburg every so often - not sure why a bunch of teachers want to be seen walking (and crawling) from bar to bar in downtown Stroudsburg, but they do it).
Glad to see the blog is still going, but seem to be a summer slowdown. Hope it gets more hoppin' if you know what I mean.

mj jones said...

steve where have you been at first glance I thought it was you holding Derek.
More power to you Vicki I don't have it in me to be out doing pub crawls anymore.

Steve Freeman said...

MJ - I've been helping around the house (yeah right). Actually, I have been working on finishing a course for grad. class and have been away from the blog. Forgive me all.
What do all you bloggers think about me sending an email to our classmates to try to get them to come see the blog again?
Let me know, it's just a click of a button and off the invite will go.

kristen said...

vicki, that sounds like a tradition we need to start in America...the closest thing i ever came to that was a night in Philly when Brad's sister was getting married....i'm not sure i'd make it now though

Steve, I had that thought just the other day...i think it's a good idea...i think alot of people may not be getting on now since that google account thing came up a couple months ago

Sonya C said...

I think it is a great idea. Changing to the new version of the blog was confusing and I believe there are some people who can't get on to post OR let us know they have a problem.