Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rain/Flooding



I went over the Race Street Bridge today (and had to detour up unto Poplar Street due to the Catty Creek flooding the road). This is wild, the Lehigh river looked like the Colorado river rapids, just muddy. It was way above the "Sandies" and my older son wanted to go fishing. Not to soon for that.


Here in the Lehigh Valley (for all of you not in the area right now) it is a muddy mess (I am taking a break from vacuuming my basement - when we get a lot of water, so do I).

I took a screen shot from the AccuWeather channel of the Delaware and some from P-burg NJ (on CNN).

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Steve, I've been following this online via The Morning Call and WFMZ. I haven't spoken to my mom in couple of days so I don't know if her basement is flooded or not. Stay dry!

kristen said...

yes, we've witnessed the flooding in this house too, brad had to detour with the boys this morning along Lehigh St...took some pictures, one of a port-a-john floating by where you dock the boats (by agere)...if i figure out how to get the pic off the camera phone i'll post it, kids were so amused!

randyg said...

For those of you who got to spend time at Muller's cabin on the Deleware....Jay left a message on my phone today that the water is just below the steps going into the cabin. The cabin was flooded a year or two ago and Jay was just finishing up all the repairs from that flood and now here it is all over again.

Sonya C said...

You guys are not getting anywhere the amount we are so quit complaining!!!