Thursday, August 14, 2008

??????????

Where'd everybody go?

For a couple of days there we were blogging maniacs, and now, nothing. Just nothing. It's quiet and I can't stand it. So now, I'm going to have to share my Thursday plans with you. It's your own fault. If you'd blog something, you wouldn't be in this mess now.

Slept late today. I didn't get up until 7:33, which is like the middle of the day for me. Normally I'm up well before 6 a.m., because I like to have that time in the morning to myself to drink coffee, surf, and watch the morning news - or lately, the Olympics. Everyone got up within 10 minutes of me getting up, so that messed up my day from the start.

It's pouring rain. Another wrench in the works, because that means we can't go and do stuff in the community garden. Luckily, we did weeding and other things yesterday. We also picked berries. I told you I'm turning into Laura Ingalls Wilder.

I'm a bit sore and stiff this morning because we went to Taekwondo last night and did lots of kicking drills in preparation for grading next week. Then we did this thing called one-step, where someone punches you and you in turn block the punch and then do a strike to bring your opponent down. I learned some new stuff and then promptly came home and tried the knife-hand strike to the neck on my husband. I'm pleased to say it works.

So plans for today include cleaning the bathroom (joy) and finishing up packing for our trip to Spain on Saturday. I also need to squeeze my Olympic viewing in there somewhere. I'm only interested in the gymnastics and swimming, so I won't spend the whole afternoon in front of the TV. In short, it's going to be a very quiet day.

If I get bored, I might try that knife-hand strike on John again.

4 comments:

mj jones said...

well I am still here just don't have anything good to post. We are heading on vacation in a few weeks so maybe then I'll have something.

Jamie said...

All my stories have to do with my children...which probably aren't all that interesting.

I'd much rather read your posts Vicki!

MJ...we are going on vacation on September 6th and saved the information you gave me about where to go. Can't wait!

steve said...

All my 'stories' are angry rants.

mj jones said...

oh good for you Jamie I know you don't get away too often, have a fantastic trip!!!!