Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My nephew thinks I am a body builder

I was minding my own business on Friday when my 12 (almost 13) year old nephew stopped by my office to say hi while his mother was running an errand. I use these sorts of situations to ply my nephews and nieces with candy and find out their deepest darkest secrets and steer them in the right direction. On this particular day, we were discussing the internet and potential dangers that lurk there, like future bosses or college admissions people googling your name. This does not sound like fun when I write it here, but trust me, we have a blast. I know he has a MySpace page and I wanted to show him that the internet is not your journal and therefore, not private.

So...I googled my name. As usual (my sister googled me and had quite a laugh), the person who is named Jill Sober (no kidding) and won second place in a body building contest pops up first. Trust me folks, I am not the one ... unless they have drastically changed the rules in that sport. Apparently, someone else has the same name as me. Bless her heart.

And then, something unexpected appeared. A blog with my second grade class picture. (I will never live that one down. Is it Lew I have to thank for that?) Then he sees the other pictures as he is cruising around the blog. The inevitable question, "Aunt Jill, why are you always standing by the teacher." I have no freakin' clue. If anyone out there can help me out with that one, please let me know.

We moved on to the dangers of smoking pot, his topic, not mine. I compared the danger factor to wrapping your lips around the exhaust pipe of a running car. I think he got the point that pot is a carcinogen.

Anyway, Dave, thanks for sending me the link. I have a couple projects due and can't recap. the last 21 years right now, but will when I am not under a deadline.

I hope everyone is well.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Jill! Glad you finally made it. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Sonya C said...

Welcome aboard Jill!!!

Tried "hunting you down" for the reunion. Looking forward to hearing all about the last 21 years soon!!!

kristen said...

hi Jill, funny story....Brad & I often talk about how kids today have no clue about MySpace and Blogs, how they are opening themselves up to the world and all of its dangers

Hey, i think your sister lives behind me (on Edward Lane)...am I right?

Donna Sensor Thomas said...

Hi Jill!!!!

Missed you at the reunion; Jen Geiger and I have been wondering what you have been up to.

steve said...

Hi Jill. I was going to say how impressed I was with your lats and pecs, but, uh, since that wasn't you...

Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

Jill, it is so great to have you on the blog. I hope life has been treating you well. The Faith Drive crew should try and get together. My parents see your dad at times.