Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A very strange thing happened today.

Something happened today to John that I wanted to share with you. It's a sad story, but if you've ever wondered if there's life after death, this will give you something to think about.
About 5 years ago, a friend of ours who was 28, died. It was very sudden and John still misses him very much. John goes to visit his grave every once in awhile, and today he went and took Chris with him. It was the middle of the day, a Wednesday, so there was no one else there. But Chris took out his pacifier, and began to smile and wave - at no one. There was no one there, but Chris was smiling and waving all over the place, like there were lots of people there, waving and smiling back.
A friend of mine says that children see lots of things that adults don't see, because we as adults would question it too much while kids are more accepting. So I wonder what, if anything, my little boy saw today.

6 comments:

Sonya C said...

Wow, your story does make one wonder. It would be nice to know that there was life after death.

I hope this cheered John up.

kristen said...

this story sent chills through me! that is one of the true mysteries, i dont think anyone really knows...i have heard stories about ghosts that haunt the catty club, but i really dont know what to think, i'd have to see it to believe it

Steve Freeman said...

Vicki, I believe. Not long after my rottweiler (Chuckie) passed, my younger son swears he saw him laying at the foot of my bed in the middle of the day. He says he went up to go the bathroom and he just happened to look into our bedroom. He says he saw Chuckie laying on the floor (where he slept at night), and Liam called to him. He said Chuckie looked up at him and when he came back from the bathroom, Chuckie wasn't there. How weird! He ran downstairs to tell my wife, and she immediately broke into tears (as she always does when she reads the condolence letters in his ash box). Damn, now I miss my dog.
I hope Chris saw John's friend and John should always take Chris to see if he does this again.

TerriE said...

Vicki, Amazing story. I so believe Chris saw someone. I like to believe that our loved ones are still with us (especially since I'll be missing my Mom with the birth of this baby).

Steve, That's a pretty neat story, too! How old was your son when this happened? Sorry about Chuckie.

Steve Freeman said...

Liam was 2 (almost 3), because Chuckie died on 7/10/04.

Vicky said...

Steve, I'm sorry about Chuckie. We lost our cat, Fat Dave, on September 3, 2005. I still miss him, and for ages after I swear he was still in the house.