Monday, February 05, 2007

Muller was closest


As the time ran out on the Bears, Mike Muller had the closest pick (with the correct team). Mike Muller predicted 28-17, followed by Jeff Perdick who had 27-17.
I admit, I did not think Rex was such a wreck, and boy was he "Gross" man.
The game was full of firsts: 1- Tony Dungy was the first black coach to win a superbowl (but that first was going to happen if it were Dungy or Smith), 2- Hesker was the first to run back the opening kickoff (92 yards and barely touched), 3- it was the first Superbowl to be played entirely in the rain (that is hard to believe since it was the 41st Superbowl.
I was thoroughly entertained by the game, the half-time show, and the commercials. The game was entertaining (though, I wanted the Bears to win), Prince made me think I was DJing at the high school again (Purple Rain in the rain, how fitting), and for the most part, the commercials were great.
My favorite commercials (1-3) are: 1) Carlos Mencia teaching foreign men how to deal with Budweiser, 2) Blockbuster animated "mouse" commercial, and 3) the Doritos commercial where the girl butts head with the side of the car (have to admit, did not see THAT coming).

Well, for all you football fans, you still have the Pro Bore (I mean, Pro Bowl) next Saturday. And, of course, there is always the NFL network. And also, for those of you looking forward to Super Bowl XLII, it is in Arizona at the new 355 million dollar Cardinals stadium (where, if it rains, they will put the dome up).

Andrea, can you get us some seats and lodging?

10 comments:

mathbach said...

agreed, good all around - up until the pick-off runback there was always that feeling that the game could easily swing towards Chicago.

btw SF - nice use if the labels tag, you're so cutting blog-edge.

Sonya C said...

I would have to say I agree with your top 3 commercials, but I would put them in another order:
2, 3, 1

kristen said...

yea, those commercials were good...i also like the bud commercial with the crab's worshipping the "king crab" cooler

steve, maybe you should try the beard combover from the sierra mist commercial, those were dumb!

andrea said...

steve, i can definitely take care of lodging.....now the seats are a another story.....

Steve Freeman said...

Andrea, that will be perfect, the Eagles and whoever. Just have to win the lottery first.

mathbach said...

me thinkst the chances of you winning the lottery are far better than the chances of the Eagles playing in AZ next Feb.

kristen said...

steve, here's an idea, why dont you bet matt that the eagles will be in AZ next year, winner pays the others way!

Steve Freeman said...

Kristen, that's a good bet, but I'm only going if the Birds are there (who am I kidding, I did not even go to Jacksonville)!

mugs said...

I'd like thank my publicist, my mom, my Vast Football knowledge :)

What did I win Steve? A pat on the back.

Steve Freeman said...

Mike, you've won the admiration and adorement of your classmates, but you have to share these rewards with Perdick.