Wednesday, March 26, 2008

American Idol

The show was 'okay' last night. I find myself disagreeing with the judges - but isn't that normal. I really didn't like the version of 'Billy Jean' that David Cook did - but I have to admit the boy can sing. When I heard that Brooke White was going to sing a 'Police/Sting' song, I thought she had made a huge mistake - but I was quite suprised how it sounded. Carly Smithson has a great voice, but she needs to start picking better songs. David Archuleta has a great voice, but again, what is with the song choice? I didn't 'love' Michael Johns version of the Queen songs, however, he does sing pretty well. I don't think he will win unless he starts doing a little better, he needs to go back to how he sang in Hollywood.

My picks for the bottom 3 are: Chikezie, Jason Castro, and Ramiele Malubay. My pick for going home is Ramiele Malubay. I thought Kristy picked a very good song, and that will keep her out of the bottom 3 - but then again, maybe she will be in the bottom 3 and Jason won't be.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree with your bottom three Sonya. I had started out liking Jason and I think he's got talent...but he's getting boring.

I didn't like the Billy Jean arrangement either. But I had to give David Cook credit. I think he's got a great voice and a lot of talent to come up with that version of the song. He's creative, that's for sure.

And I agree with you about Kristie too. It's a good thing that song was written the year she was born or she'd probably be in the bottom 3 tonight.

Based on last night, I like Michael Johns(it's about time he shines)and David Cook.

mj jones said...

I agree with most of what you said. I think alot of it comes down to fan base and David A has all the teenyboppers voting for him. He is good but boring. I voted for Brooke because I love her voice but unfortunaty she doesn't have much stage presence, also voted for David C and Michael.

Donna Sensor Thomas said...

OK, I just watched Tuesday's AI. (I have pottery class on Tuesday nights.) I have to say, I thought David Cook's version of "Billy Jean" was awesome. His soulful version fit the lyrics really well.

Sonya C said...

Well at least I had 2 out of 3....at first I was suprised that Syesha Mercado was in the bottom 3 but then she hasn't had alot of good weeks. Once I say Ramiele wasn't in the bottom 3 I knew Chikezie was gone.

Oh well....there is always next week!!!