Thursday, March 06, 2008

American Idol - Women

I was not too impressed last night. I don't know why they pick songs that most people don't know. With all the great songs of the 80's, I just don't get it.

I do not like the the same contestants that the judges do. I can't stand Amanda Overmyer - rocker nurse, but they seem to like her. I really don't like Carly Smithson - tattoo lady - either. Can you believe what Brooke White did to the Pat Benator song? Yuck!! The only girl that really impressed me was Syesha Mercado. She sounded pretty close to Whitney.

My votes for going home tonight are Kade Malloy and Amanda Overmyer.

What do others think about the women?

4 comments:

Donna Sensor Thomas said...

Actually, I really liked Brooke's rendition of "Love is a Battlefield." (I don't like that song normally.)

I don't know how Amanda made it this far; she can't sing. Although, her performance of "I Hate Myself for Loving You" actually wasn't too bad. (The Kansas song last week was a train wreck.)

Yeah, Kady needs to go.

I think Carly Smithson and Ramiele (the Asian woman) have the best voices. Ramiele needs to pick better songs to highlight her powerful and awesome voice, though.

BTW, what was with all the Phil Collins songs?

mj jones said...

I voted for Amanda, Brooke and Ramiele

Jamie said...

I didn't get to see the whole show, but really liked Brooke's performance.

I thought the guys did much better this week overall.

And I can't believe I'm actually anxiously awaiting tonight's show to see who goes home. I shouldn't admit that, should I?

kristen said...

ok, so i too liked Brooke performance. I also liked Aisa'h and the other black girl, i'm sorry, her name escapes me right now as does the song she sang, i think it was whitney

i do not like the rocker/nurse and carly was ok for me this week