Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Daughter's Note

My daughter wrote me this letter.

Dad

We have been through a lot these past months but we have managed our way through it. We will always be there for each other no matter what happens and what obstacle comes our way. We will fight through. A new year is on the way, which means a new beginning. I love you to infinity. No matter where we live will be much better than here. To start new colors, new designs, new thoughts, and open minds. You are half way through this rough journey, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Let God bless us in our lifetime as he has been. Again, I love you BUNCHES!. xoxoxo. All of our animals will be in our lives to make us laugh and to put a great big smile on our faces.

Love Ya Daddio

She has kept me strong!

6 comments:

mj jones said...

well she is right!!!! the heck with Leslie in time you will find your better off. Trust me anyone who has been through a break up knows this, there is no point in being with someone who doesn't appreciate and love you the way you do them. Time does heal and starting a new home is the perfect way. It is nice to see your daughter cares enough to express herself to you she is obviously being raised right. Best od luck dadio!!

Michelle (Heist) Edwards said...

Kaylyn is absolutely right. None of us are perfect but no one deserves to be treated badly. Once you hurdle the hurt and the anger you will realize that you have alot to offer someone who will appreciate you for you. Kids have a funny way of pulling us through things even when they don't realize they do. I am sure you have alot of family and friends to talk to but if you ever need to talk or just vent, feel free to contact me. Stay strong!

Steve Freeman said...

Wow, that letter is such an indicator of how mature your daughter is. I hope you get through this well, and if you need someone to listen, I am available (especially when I have a beer in hand). I feel privileged to have read the message of hope and direction. Thanks for sharing, I know it is hard, and my throat tightens when I read it, so I can only imagine how hard it was to share with us.
We are here for you, I know I speak for everyone. Now I'm really glad we have this blog.

Donna Thomas said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful letter, Randy! Your daughter is a jewel.

Best wishes to you both!

kristen said...

randy...hope things are turning around for you now...will be back in the area this weekend, drop me an e-mail if you want...hug your girlio, what a treasure

randyg said...

Thank you for your support. This letter travels with me each day. It has been a lonely going for a while but starting to feel better with each passing week. Kristen - I like hugs to. Right now can't get enough of them. If anyone would like to drop me an email my address is LKRG73@PTD.NET (lower case). My daughter is very mature for her age. She is the only one who can bring a smile to my face and make me laugh. I hope that none of you ever have to go through something like this. Thanks again to all of you for your support and friendship.